Thoughts on Localization with WPF

Hi everyone!

I just thought I would stop by and share some thoughts with you on localization with WPF. I have spent the last few hours working on making CSIT localization before I add to much content to make it worth while. This is the first time I have ever made the effort to make an application localizable and I must say that it was not as painful as I thought it would be.

Eventually I decided to use a simple XML file and bound elements to it using data binding and XPath. Some things could not be bound to however and I had to implement a class that would read strings from the file and load them so they can be used later in the processing functions.

So far however it seems to be working just fine. And as proof here is a screenshot of the current CSIT interface that uses the new localization system.

The current CSIT Interface (v3)

Hopefully I will be posting more on this shortly. Once I am sure that the code works as intended I will try to release the code for others to use.

Leave a comment